Kitterman Woods Residents here is an update to receive individual assistance. Congress has just passed a critical piece of legislation called the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARE) Act. This bill will provide direct financial relief to American families, support our small businesses and their employees, as well as help our hospitals and medical professionals combat this virus.
If you have any questions about this legislation, please do not hesitate to reach out to your 18th Congressional District Office at 202-225-3026. Congressman Brian Mast is more than happy to help work through your individual circumstances! Here are the details of what is in the bill:
Financial Relief For Families
This legislation provides important financial assistance for families, including:
- $1,200 recovery checks for individuals and $2,400 for married couples who file jointly.
- Couples will also receive an additional $500 for each child.
- Individuals with no income – or only Social Security income – are also eligible.
- Eligibility for recovery checks is reduced starting at $75,000 in income for individuals and $150,000 in for joint filers.
- For those without children, individuals with income exceeding $99,000 and joint filers with income exceeding $198,000 are ineligible. The income cap is slightly higher for those with children.
- Eligibility is based on 2019 tax returns or 2018 returns if you have not yet filed for 2019.
- Click here for some FAQs regarding eligibility for this financial assistance. https://mast.house.gov/blog?ID=6644FA1C-A363-46D4-870F-730D697470C1