On the 1st day of summer also known as the summer solstice, we enjoy the most daylight of the calendar year. The Sun reaches its most northern point in the sky at local noon. After this date, the days start getting “shorter,” i.e., the length of daylight starts to decrease. So, we’d better all make the most of Summer!
Here at Kitterman Woods we offer two swimming pools to help you beat the heat as well as a 24hour fitness center to help you get your summer body in shape.
If you are still looking for some more fun Summer activities here are some ideas:
- Go to the beach, people all over the country flock to Florida Beaches and we are lucky enough to live minutes from them. Remember to take plenty of things to drink and sunscreen.
- Try star gazing, take a walk around the lake at night or again go to the beach to check out the beautiful summer night sky but, don’t forget the bug spray.
- Shop at one of the local Farmer’s Markets or local farm stands. Try something new and support local businesses.
- Attend a firework show. The city of Port Saint Lucie will be having freedom fest at the civic center don’t miss out on this fun event.
- Make some homemade popsicles. This fun event will allow you to use some of the fruit you get at the farmers market and you don’t have to go outside.
- Have a Read in. On Days that it’s too hot or rainy to go outside, load up on books from the local library and get cozy with a pile of blankets and pillows for an afternoon of reading.
- Take you dog on an adventure. There are many parks and beaches in our area that welcome dogs, why not switch up your routine and try a walk in a new place.
What is your favorite summer activity? Why not share it on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/KittermanWoodsApartments we can’t wait to see all the great ideas.