At Kitterman Woods all dogs are welcomed & adored which is why we have no breed restrictions or weight limits for our furry residents.
“Man’s best friend” is a cliché for a reason — for many of us, our canine companions are more than just pets; they’re very important members of our family. According to the American Pet Products Association, Americans spend more than $3 billion a year just on services for their pets. We don’t just want our dogs to be healthy — we want them to be happy and to know that we treasure them. What better way to show your affection than to give your pooch some serious pampering?
You may think that you can’t afford to pamper your dog. While it’s true that pampering implies luxury, there are plenty of simple, inexpensive ways to do it. Many owners equate pampering with feeding their dog human food or giving him lots of treats, but too much could have the unintentional effect of making him ill at the very least or overweight at the worst.
Kitterman Woods wants our furry residents to love where they live. Why not take advantage of a leisurely walk around the lakeside jogging path or enjoy a little off the leash time in our fabulous dog park.
If you are still looking for more way to spoil your fur baby here are some ideas because every dog deserves a little spoiling.
- Find out where and how your dogs likes to sleep, and then pamper away with soft blankies and pillows. Or your bed will do quite nicely, too!
- There are countless doggie toys on the market today but nothing beats a good, old-fashioned ball or frisbee.
- If you can’t do a full dental treatment at the vet, get into the habit of brushing your dog’s teeth. Many dogs don’t mind if you use peanut butter-flavored toothpaste!
- It’s not just us humans that enjoy a good road trip. If your dog loves a leisurely car ride, pick a good weather day to take your pup out for a trip.
- Every dog loves a good cuddle. Whether your pup is tea-cup sized or extra-large, dogs need affection. What dog wouldn’t love a day of cuddles and hugs?
- If you really want to give my dog a special treat, take them down to the dog-friendly beach and let them dig in the sand to their heart’s content.
- If your dog is a sock-stealer, tossing him a worn-out sock is an easy way to get his happy tail wagging.
- Every dog has that spot that is always in need of a good scratch. If you really want to indulge them, give them some extra-long scratch time.